The Need is Local
Over 20 years of neighbor helping neighbor
Over the past 20 months, we and our families have experienced some surprising challenges. Open Arms has added 178 new households, each with their own story and financial challenges. To ensure the safety of our volunteers and families, we have reduced our volunteers and created drive-thru distribution. We attempt to keep our expenses down, yet the prices continue to rise. Currently, of each dollar donated: 87 cents goes directly to help the community.
What are our clients experiencing?
- Time off work while recovering or quarantining due to COVID.
- Seniors staying home & out of the grocery stores, and now in need of home delivery.
- Seniors struggling with medical bills, prescription costs, paying utilities and other general living expenses.
- Both families/individuals who have lost some or all of their income due to reduced hours or layoffs.
- Families/individuals living on small fixed incomes.
- Families/individuals struggling with disabilities.
- Families struggling with emotional and/or mental illness.
- Those facing increasing food & utility costs.
Each donation you make, means someone is eating, able to buy their meds, keeping their electricity on, or has gas to get to work. This year, more than ever, we need your support.
We don't simply serve food, we serve our neighbor.